Thursday, April 24, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies With Peanut Butter Chips

I went on a picnic with my boyfriend and his family and I wanted to make something quick and delicious, so I took a generic peanut butter cookie recipe and added peanut butter chips. If you want another way to change up a peanut butter cookie recipe you can always put a Hershey kiss on each cookie.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups peanut butter
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Peanut butter chips (optional)
  • 1 package of Hershey kisses, unwrapped (optional)
Directions:
Gather Ingredients.

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cookie sheets, or use a silicone baking mat.


In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in the baking soda, salt, and vanilla. If you are adding peanut butter chips, stir in as many as you want now. I probably used about 2-2 1/2 cups.

Roll into 1-inch balls and place them two inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Press a criss-cross into the top using a fork, this helps the cookies have a flatter shape. Peanut butter cookies have a hard time flattening when baking. You can also use the bottom of a cup dipped in sugar to flatten the cookies if you don't want the criss-cross shape, or if you want the cookies to stay in a ball shape then don't flatten them at all!




Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. If you want to use Hershey kisses, then place one on the top of each cookie after letting cool for a few minutes, but don't wait too long because then the kisses wont stick to the cookies. If you are not using them then let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.

My Experience:
Peanut butter cookies are one of my favourites. You can do so much with a generic recipe. This recipe turned out great, and everyone loved them. I love experimenting with recipes so if I were to make them again I'm sure I would add something different to them, the possibilities are endless in baking! 

Enjoy!xx













1 comment:

  1. Haley, These were so super yummy. Did you know that Peanut Butter cookies are my favorite? That and lemon bars.

    ReplyDelete