Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Chocolate No Bake Oatmeal Cookies

This recipe is not out of my usual cookbook.
Ingredients:

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
Directions:
Gather ingredients.



Combine sugar, milk, cocoa, and butter in a saucepan.

Cook over medium heat for two minutes, stirring constantly to prevent sticking.

Remove from heat.

Add vanilla, mix well.

Add oatmeal and blend thoroughly. (DO NOT USE INSTANT OATMEAL)

Let cool, do not bake, cookies are ready to enjoy.


My Experience:
These cookies are very easy to make, and require little skill. My mom used to make these cookies when she was little, and made them for me when I was little. They are definitely one of my favourites!

Enjoy!xx




1 comment:

  1. Didn't you already post this? Or was that someone else? Hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete